Tuesday 23 August 2011

snap to it

This month I've been enjoying following those awfully creative ladies over at the Creative Collective.  Their focus for the month of August has been 'Life and Lens' or in other words photography.


They've covered Pinterest, online editing toolshow to mat your photos, cinemagraphs, bokeh, picnik amongst other photographic topics.  A must-see for anyone who enjoys taking photos especially if you're a beginner or just want to pick up a few tips or learn some new tricks.


Having personally been an avid user and spruiker of Picnik myself, I have only just recently upgraded my membership to a premium account.  Why would you pay for it if you can use it for free you ask? Well for a number of reasons...

Firstly an online editing interface this awesome and easily accessible warrants some form of thanks and I think that the $24 annual fee is completely justifiable. Especially since I've been using the free version for almost 2 years now.


Secondly it allows you to upload more than 5 photos at a time with a premium (or paid) membership. Bliss!


Thirdly you can do loads more with a full membership and it's certainly worth spending the money to have access to some of the things you can do without photoshop (that one's gonna cost you a pretty mint).


There's an awesome tutorial which Cinti shared with her readers over on My Poppet which just tipped me over the edge and sent me tugging at my credit card to dislodge it from my purse in order to upgrade my Picnik account.  Actually Cinti has a few great tutorials which I think you'd enjoy, so you should totally go and check them out.


Oh and while you're in a checking out kinda mood, you should make your way over to the Creative Collective for some inspiration too.


Go on, snap to it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...