Monday 22 August 2011

sharing: love, money and time

Donate and you could win this
Words can't even begin to express the despair I'm feeling which I'm sure you're feeling too, knowing that there are hundreds of thousands families in East Africa who are losing their loved ones to starvation on a daily basis. It is incomprehensible that this can even occur. How does it get that bad and why does it get so bad before the world realises the seriousness of the situation? I can't even imagine going through something as disastrous as this. It certainly puts things into perspective.

If you're reading this post in your reader or via an email subscription, then you may not have seen the UNICEF button at the top right hand corner of my blog page.  I have recently made a donation.  It's not much.  Only $20, but I feel that it's better than just saying "$20 won't change anything" and not donating for that reason.  Every little bit helps however little it may be.

If you're like me and you're in a position where you can spare a little money maybe you would like to donate to UNICEF's East Africa Emergency Appeal or one of the other charities who are currently helping this cause.  If you have a blog, you too can add the UNICEF badge to your blog page to help spread the word.  Although I'm not sure if there's anyone left who hasn't heard about the devastating and desperate situation in East Africa.

Really makes you appreciate what you have.

Also, check out Madeleine's post over on Made By Mosey.  She has made a delectable quilt which she's giving away to help raise funds for the same cause.  It's made out of vintage Australian tea towels.

Depending on what position you're in, you too can help in some way. So share the...
LOVE: tell everyone you can and help spread the word
MONEY: donate to UNICEF or another charity
TIME: make something to auction off and donate the funds

Remember, every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...