Thursday 11 August 2011

my creative space: walls ahoy

I've been talking a bit about the shop lately. Sorry. But it kinda has been a bit of a priority for me for the past few weeks.


There's been demolishing, sanding, bogging, painting, floor laying, sourcing, buying, procrastinating, making and lately... decoupaging!


I've used mod podge to decoupage one wall with some newspapers and magazines from the 50's.  I opted for this over wallpapering or painting a feature colour.  Why?  Because I can.  And because I want to. That's it really. 


As much as I love wallpaper - and I DO love wallpaper - watching the teams on The Block do the wallpaper challenge gave me minor heart palpitations.  There's no way I'm attempting wallpapering in the next 2 months. No way. Decoupage was my alternative to creating an interesting feature on one small wall.


Lots more creative spaces over here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...