Wednesday 17 August 2011

5 things I do when I'm angry

via Pinterest
Everyone has their own coping mechanisms.  I am no exception.  So when I'm angry or pissed off there's one of five sure-fire things I turn to in order to get me through it.  Call it anger management if you will. Whatever you wanna call it, it works for me.

  1. Cleaning - strange, but true.  This one works like a charm. I get to take out my anger on the vacuum, cupboard doors or by slamming things down as though I'm really important.
  2. Crafting - this just works like some kind of miracle cure. It's very calming to sit, stitch and not have a chance to think about anything that might be upsetting me.
  3. Silence - stewing in my own confines means that I don't take it out on my loved ones.
  4. Long walks - similar to the way that number 3 works, if there's distance between me and others, then I have no chance to take it out on anyone.  Plus fresh air works wonders to calm the nerves.
  5. Swearing, cussing or profanity - this is certainly the most vocal of the 5, but when all else fails, sometimes a good F-bomb does the trick. Well, obviously not just one, but used consecutively in a sentence to replace adjectives, verbs and nouns e.g. "I'm so effing pissed off that he effing said that. Who the eff does he think he is the stupid eff".
And breathe. Phew.
So, what makes you feel better when you're angry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...