- Cleaning - strange, but true. This one works like a charm. I get to take out my anger on the vacuum, cupboard doors or by slamming things down as though I'm really important.
- Crafting - this just works like some kind of miracle cure. It's very calming to sit, stitch and not have a chance to think about anything that might be upsetting me.
- Silence - stewing in my own confines means that I don't take it out on my loved ones.
- Long walks - similar to the way that number 3 works, if there's distance between me and others, then I have no chance to take it out on anyone. Plus fresh air works wonders to calm the nerves.
- Swearing, cussing or profanity - this is certainly the most vocal of the 5, but when all else fails, sometimes a good F-bomb does the trick. Well, obviously not just one, but used consecutively in a sentence to replace adjectives, verbs and nouns e.g. "I'm so effing pissed off that he effing said that. Who the eff does he think he is the stupid eff".
And breathe. Phew.
So, what makes you feel better when you're angry?