Thursday 14 January 2010

Tea times two

Sadly, I have some tragic news to share.  However it will be followed by some more exciting news.


Last night I lost my glass kettle in a tragic accident.  Yes, I know.  The past 12 hours have been very tough.  I was going to post photos of the accident site, but it's just too gory to share.


I had to make my first tea of the day by boiling water in a saucepan.  I know in time I will learn to let go, however the pain is so fresh this morning that it's hard for me to talk about.  She was with me for about 6 years and it's fair to say she was part of the family.


So I'm off to purchase a new kettle today.  I know some of you are thinking "you monster", but as hard of a decision as it's been to make, I just cannot live without a kettle. I drink around 3 cups of tea a day and I cannot live with boiling water in a saucepan every time I want a cuppa.


So onto some exciting news.  I'm participating in Sooz's wash the dishes tea towel swap.  The idea of the swap is that you sign up for 2, 5 or even 10 partners. For each partner you make one linen tea towel then send it off to them.  You can embroider, screen print, stamp or sew onto the tea towels.


If you're interested in taking part in the tea towel swap, you better hurry because applications close tomorrow (Friday 15 Jan).  You can find out all about it here


Here's some handmade tea towel goodness from etsy: 








I'm hoping these will inspire me with my designs for the tea towel swap.  I think I will pay homage to my kettle (RIP) and my passion for tea in the designs.  Stay tuned for images of the finished tea towels once I get started.  Now off to by some linen tea towel blanks!

You win some (my kettle) you lose some (yay, to 5 new tea towels coming my way soon).
Magdalena

1 comment:

  1. I'm super excited about this swap. now, to get cracking making stuff, something I'm wonderful at at starting but terrible at finishing!...

    ReplyDelete

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...