Saturday 9 January 2010

1970's prices, totally unheard of, but I found them

Yesterday I found the best fabric and craft supply place in Melbourne!  I could not believe how cheap everything was.


Carmel's has been established in Mentone for 20 years, but what I recently found out is that they have a remnants and clearance warehouse in Braeside which is only a 10-15 min drive from their main shop in Mentone.  It's stocked to the brim with oodles of every type of fabric by the metre you can imagine as well as remnants, off-cuts, lace trim, buttons, thread, zips, craft glues and general bibs and bobs.


I purchased a shopping bag full of supplies and it cost me $17.50.  Not bad you say?  Well wait until you see what was included in this bag full of supplies.  I'm only going to say one word. Fur.  Yes, fur was included in this purchase... 3 pieces of different fur varying in size.





And wait for it.  This one's big.  They had a bin out the front full of FREE items.  Yes, FREE!  How brilliant is that?


My favourite purchase from Carmel's were the two 1970's cartoon print hankies.  They were 99c each and I can't wait to use them in an upcoming project.


If you haven't checked this place out yet, I urge you to put it on your Top 3 places to visit on your next supply shopping expedition in Melbourne.
I'll even save you the time and give you their warehouse details right here, right now: 



6 Mason Drive Braeside Vic 3195. 
Phone 03 9587 7275   
Melway Ref: 88 A11
Monday – Friday   9.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday    Closed



Enjoy and I'd love to hear what you think once you've visited the warehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...