Tuesday 26 July 2011

easy chicken soup

Comforting chicken soup.  For me there's nothing more soothing.  Well, except for maybe a warm cuddle from my loved ones.  Because I'm in a comforting, sharing is caring kinda mood, I'm going to share my chicken soup recipe. It's best made in a large pot so that you have enough for a couple of days.  Trust me, you'll want enough for a couple of days.


Ingredients

  • 1 tbspn olive oil
  • 1 onion finely diced 
  • 6 medium button mushrooms, roughly chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • 500ml chicken stock
  • 1 litre water
  • 3 chicken drumsticks
  • 3 chicken wings
  • 1 can chickpeas (drained)
  • 1 can corn (drained)
  • 1 can peas (drained)
  • salt and pepper

Method


In a large heavy based pot heat some oil and gently fry onions, mushrooms and half the garlic for about 5 mins on a medium heat.  Pour in chicken stock and water and bring to a simmer.  Add chicken pieces and simmer for about 10 mins.  Then add chickpeas and simmer for another 10 mins.  Remove chicken pieces and set aside to cool.  Add corn, peas and remainder of garlic to the soup.  Once chicken has cooled a little (enough that you can stand to touch it without burning your digits), remove the meat from the bones and add it back to the pot and simmer for a further 5 mins.  Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir, pour into bowls and serve.


If you could be bothered, you can also add diced potato in with the chickpeas.  But only if you could be bothered.  Will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.


Enjoy.


P.S. don't forget about the just reality challenge this Friday. It's not too late to play along. Watch this space on Friday and add your link. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...