Friday 8 October 2010

I'm back... and just in time too!

Hello my lovelies.  Oh, how I've missed updating my dear blog.  If you missed it, I have been in Europe for 3 weeks celebrating my entry to the 30's.  Look who's a big girl now!

I got back a week ago but I've had my visiting mother, unpacking, washing, chores, insomnia, returning to work and reintroduction to reality to deal with in the week that we've been back.  As much fun as we had, it is nice to be back in the comforts of my own home, in my own bed, with my own fluffy pillow.  I will be updating in the coming days with lots of delightful photos from the trip. 

But for now, I wanted to say hello (again) and tell you about the great things which are on in Melbourne this weekend.

Last night my beloved and I got ourselves along to ACMI in Federation Square to get a glimpse of the Tim Burton exhibition before it wraps this Sunday.  If you can, I highly recommend going to check this out.  The man is a creative genius, in a quirky, freaky kind of way.  One of my fave movies of all time is Bettlejuice, so it was awesome to see some props and sketches from the movie, plus those of Edward Scissorhands, Alice in Wonderland and Batman to name a few other.  Well worth it, but skip the queues and buy tix online.  Really.


I'm so excited about Melbourne's first Finders Keepers market which is on this weekend.  There's 150 super-talented stallholders filling the space of Shed 4 at Docklands for two full days of market madness.  I'm having high tea at midday tomorrow (yum) followed by a trip and sneaky peek at the goodies on offer.  But I have a budget.  I must, otherwise I will be tempted to buy so many delights.


And last but not least, there's the Craft Expo in Carlton.  Since Saturday is pretty much over-scheduled, I'm leaving the Craft Expo for Sunday. 

Talk about weekend DE-lights!

Whatever you're up to, wherever you are, I hope you have a lovely one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...