Silence? Did someone say silence? Well, yes. As a matter of fact, it has been a little silent around here lately. I'm giving no excuses though. Just needed a break from my break!
Speaking of break. Thought I'd share a little (compared to the full library) collection of photos to give you a feel for what we saw in Europe. But just the best bits. Nothing worse than death by slideshow.
|The delightful 'Het Grote Avontuur' shop in Amsterdam|
|some cute cards on display at Het Grote Avontuur in Amsterdam|
|all the sweet, kitsch, quirky, splendid things in Het Grote Avontuur|
|the fabric in Het Grote Avontuur was so hard to resist|
|I amsterdam... in, you guessed it!|
|beautiful flowers at the Bloemenmarkt (flower market), Amsterdam|
|anyone for a bike, or 100? Amsterdam|
|one of the many hundreds of canals, Amsterdam|
|you can't come to Holland and not see windmills!|
|or clogs. lots of them.|
|there's lots of cheese in Holland too. Yummy cheese.|
|being tourists in Krakow town square, Poland|
|salt icicles forming from the ceiling in Wieliczka salt mine, Krakow|
|these stunning chandelier's are made from salt!|
|my beloved, me and my cool uncle in Zakopane, Poland|
|did you spot the violinist in the centre of the photo? Old town, Warsaw|
|some ace stencil art on a wall in old town, Warsaw|
|the standard tourist shot with the Eiffel Tower, Paris, of course!|
|so many stunning gothic buildings in Prague|
|one of the many cobble-stone laneways in old town Prague|
|so much detail on all the buildings in Prague|
|me hanging with Chiko the owl in the royal gardens of Prague castle|
Here's a snap-shot of our trip in bullet points:
- day 1 - hotel had overbooked and we had to move to another hotel in Amsterdam
- day 2 - mobile phone stolen from my bag
- wore soggy sneakers on the overnight train from Prague to Krakow
- arrived a day earlier than when our accommodation was booked in Warsaw (had to find another hotel for the night)
- found out we were staying on the most dangerous train line in Paris. As a result, didn't go out after dark and were confined to watching 50 channels in French for 3 nights in a row.
- train broke down from paris to amsterdam
- flight from amsterdam delayed. the tow-truck which pulls the plane out of terminal broke down and then we missed our "departure timeslot" so we sat on the tarmac for an hour and a half.
But we did have an adventure!