Monday 23 January 2012

a good old yarn

Yesterday my lovely cute-as-pie friend Katie and I headed into Melbourne's City Square to partake in some yarney goodness.  Katie booked us into one of the workshops so that we could brush up on our crochet skills.  We both fumbled our way through granny squares (with a little help from the lovely teacher Andrea) and with a little more practice and some tension adjustments I think we'll be crocheting like pro's in no time.


But before the workshop, Katie willingly obliged and allowed me to indulge in my 2-week craving of churros and a shake. I'm sure it was rather painful for her as she of course had to join me in my indulgence and listen to all of my pregnancy complaints. Thanks Katie! You're a real pal.


We also took a moment to delight in the yarn bomb installation in City Square whilst waiting for our workshop to commence. All that marvellous colour, creativity and effort to transform regular overlooked trees into crafty wonders.


If you didn't manage to get along yourself, you can still pop by City Square and take a closer look at the bombed trees until the end of Feb.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks, that's my stripey fringed piece, photo lower left. Knitted on a Bond USM, even quicker than crochet, which despite years of trying, I can't quite make my hands do evenly. I suppose 55 years of muscle memory from knitting can't be undone overnight, LOL.
    Hope to meet you yarnbombing soon, Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that stripey fringed piece! So much time and work gone into all that gorgeous yarn bombing. Good on you!

      Delete
  2. fab photos! i look part in it too :) if you want to see more pics, please head to facebook/knit.a.holics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link, I jumped over and had a look!

      Delete
  3. We went to the City Square today to check it out. Very cool indeed.

    ReplyDelete

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...