Sunday 19 December 2010

that's a wrap

Last night was my last market for 2010. I have to say, I'm relieved that it's over for this year. I have to remember NOT to book two consecutive markets the two weekends prior to Christmas ever again.

I'm absolutely exhausted.  So much so, hat I didn't wake up until 11am this morning.  I NEVER do that.  Especially as I have a 5 year old.  I'm thankful that I have a very supportive and considerate husband who kept our son entertained until I got up.

Daylesford held a Twilight Makers Market last night and I'm glad I got to be part of it.  I've never done a night market before so it was good to experience it.  The doors flung open at 4pm and the crowds kept coming for the first 2 hours. 

At dinner time things died down and the lovely organisers decided to close the market early at 8:30pm. Don't know if it was the weather (it was quite cold despite being summer) or the town itself, but people just weren't out in Daylesford last night.  Not that I'm complaining because finishing early meant that I got home earlier than planned. The hour and a half drive doesn't bother me, unless it's late at night.

Here's a quick wrap up of last nights twilight market in pics...

my stall
the lovely (and camera shy) curlypops was stationed across from me

the smell of these was too much. heart-shaped waffles with strawberries, cream, melted Lindt chocolate, sprinkled with cocoa powder. thanks for feeding me and the other stallholders ChocolateRex!

Sawdust's birdy mobiles were to die for. The lovely Jayne makes these birdcages and I have to say they are the most divine things ever! You must check them out.  Oh, and you can place a custom order by emailing Jayne
 
these little cute ones from the Spotted Jinx
  

the cutest paper doll books by buntyandsars... too cute!
Thanks to all the many talented and lovely stallholders who make Daylesford Makers Market the great market that it is.  The stallholders, market committee and market visitors are always so lovely... that's why I keep coming back!  And did you know that the market recently won a local tourism award!? Well deserved.

Now, if you entered my Sew, Mama, Sew giveaway, I have drawn a winner.  Thanks to the 228 comments which I received.  Mister Penguin will be finding a new home with lucky commenter #9 - Annie and her son.  Congrats Annie... I have no doubt Mister Penguin will love living with you.

Christmas countdown is on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...