Wednesday 3 November 2010

merr-e-shopping



It's scary to think that there's only 51 sleeps until Christmas. Eek.  Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? I haven't. But I have put a lot of consideration into strategy.  I've decided that we're going to purchase all of our Christmas gifts online this year.  

I just can't face the stress of "doing retail".  There's the parking issue, increased foot traffic, not to mention shopping trolleys, strollers and kids everywhere, then you have to shop around to find that "thing" which you thought would be easy to find, but upon searching you've found that almost every retailer has sold out. Oh my.  Just typing about it is making my head spin.

Online is so much easier.  With the Aussie dollar being so strong at the moment, it means that shopping on US sites is cheap.  And most of the time when I've ordered something from the US, it's arrived within a week.  I can do that. It's totally doable.  It just requires careful forward-planning and consideration as our family lives interstate - so double-shipping is required! 

Online shopping also opens up so much more potential when looking for special gifts.  You can get things from designers which you wouldn't usually find in most shops.  They're my favourite kinds of presents - the unique and non-mass produced ones. 

So it's fair to say that Etsy and Made It will be getting a good workout from me in the coming weeks. Along with some handmade markets which are on in the lead-up to Christmas.  There's a few on.  Check out the market listing in the side panel of my blog if you're in and around Melbourne and want to check out some handmade markets.

Happy shopping!

P.S. Did you know that we're on Twitter and Facebook too?  We've been spending some time over there lately, so make sure to 'Like' or 'Follow' us to keep up with the goss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...