Tuesday 23 November 2010

Tuesday's Temptations: Made590

Hello my lovelies. 
Are you getting into the swing of this week?  I certainly am, but I’m also looking forward to the weekend already.  And it’s only Tuesday which is not a good sign of escalating exhaustion of the working week already.

Starting today and every Tuesday from now on, you will find a little feature on this blog called Tuesday’s Temptations. 

Each Tuesday I will be featuring an online shop that sells items which are either: indie, handmade, kitsch, vintage, cute, unique, quirky or the like.  I personally know that there are so many wonderful shops online these days that it’s difficult to be across even a small portion of them.  And with most of us being as time-poor as we are, it’s next to impossible to get out to retail to find that special gift unless we schedule a dedicated timeslot.

I know that I’m personally turning more and more to online shopping for these reasons:
  • It’s convenient
  • You can do it at any hour of the day or night
  • There’s a greater variety online and you’re not limited to chain stores and mass produced plastic paraphernalia
  • You can do it from the comfort of your couch (or bed!)
  • There are no screaming children or prams to contend with
  • If you weigh up petrol, parking stress, shopping time and getting a “snack” while you’re in a shopping centre the cost of postage is comparable
  • You can find things online that you wouldn’t find in shops
  • It’s delivered straight to your door – sometimes even with a smile if you have a nice postie or courier driver!
So if you’ve never tried it, I urge you to.  Just make sure you are shopping from a secure site which has a locked or encrypted session.  If they offer Paypal as a payment option, that’s even better.


So, let’s get to it with the first online shop spotlight in the Tuesday’s Temptations series... Made590

Made590 is one of those online shops I seem to keep running into whilst engaging in online surfing.  I ran into their stall at Finders Keepers first Melbourne market at the start of October and could not resist.  I had been eyeing off their little red riding hood tea set online, unfortunately (or is that fortunately) they didn’t have any at the market.  However I did end up purchasing an owl statue covered in (chicken) feathers – it’s so realistic looking that when I brought it home, my son backed away as I pulled it out of the box, scared that it was going to attack him!


Apart from owls, they have a range of miniature and larger animal figures and mounted animal heads that will blow you away.  I especially like the Jakalope heads.  Not real, but so adorable.  They use goat fur or chicken feathers to cover the animals making them look realistic.  Simply pat-a-licious if you ask me.


There are home wares, clothing for women and men, jewellery and lots of other giftable goodies.  Here are some of my faves.














Make sure you check out all their other goodies.  You might find something that’s totally gift-worthy for Christmas!


Until next Tuesday, that’s today’s temptations wrapped up. 
Happy shopping dears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...