Wednesday 20 July 2011

second life: wool

Maybe it's the current cold weather and the yearning for warmth, comfort and cosy textiles that's had me thinking about woollies and how to reuse, up-cycle or revamp old jumpers (that's sweaters for our US friends) and old balls of wool.  


I know one thing for sure, wool is certainly one of the most versatile textiles that's readily available and in a vast range of colours.


So here's this week's wrap up (get it, get it!) of my fave second life projects involving wool and woolly by-products.


Yarn Mobile
wool rug
felt flower brooch
felted sweater quilt
felted sweater fingerless mittens
snuggly felted softies
I was going to add pom-pom's to this wrap up but I thought some of you might have had enough of my talking about pom poms.  There are so many great ways to give old woollen clothing a new lease on life. Maybe you'll rethink getting rid of those warm woollens once they are of no use to you?


And to get you started, here's a quick tutorial on how to felt jumpers/sweaters for those who haven't tried it before.  Warning: highly addictive.


If you've missed the previous 'second life' posts, you can find them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...