Thursday 7 July 2011

my creative space: superheroes and denim

Having a rapidly growing boy in our household, we go through clothes really quickly.  We usually either pass the clothes onto our friends who have a son who's a year younger or we donate to our local Op Shop.  But recently, there has been an increasing number of wardrobe pieces from the kids' "too small" repertoire which I just didn't want to part with.  


Things such as his fave pair of pants, a shirt from Poland with a picture of orzel, his fuzzy bear bathrobe, a vintage Flinstones t-shirt - so many memories and nostalgia.  How could I possibly get rid of these little snippets of him growing up?  I got some inspiration from Cam a while ago and decided to cut the clothes into squares with my rotary cutter.
My son loved the first quilt that I ever made so much that he's been bugging me to make one for him.  So that is exactly what I'm doing.  When I explained to him why I was cutting up his old clothes, he was super excited.


I've had to hide the so-far-cut squares from him to stop him from asking me when it would be finished.  We've been teaching him about patience lately. It's not going well.


So many more creative spaces over here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...