Sunday 20 June 2010

I'm back... sort of

Firstly, apologies for not being around so much lately.  As you may have noticed, I was preparing for the Etsy Craft Party in Melbourne's Fitzroy.  So it all finally happened on Friday night and I have to say I'm chuffed with how many people turned out to celebrate Etsy's birthday as part of worldwide celebrations!

embroidery was by far the most popular craft on the night

a close-up of an embroidery project... how utterly appropriate!

some ladies trying their hand at a cute sewing project...

and here's what they were making.  These cute 'Little Letter Needle Book' kits were offered on the night.  Thanks so much to Kelly Rachel and her fab tutorial on her blog Em Ay Kay Ee {make}.  She kindly allowed me to share her design and make it into pre-made kits for the night.

some bunting to help decorate our creative space for the night 

Tess from Creative Women's Circle crafting up a storm

Lara and Tegan - the ink & spindle ladies engaging in some embroidery, crochet and texting!

lots of laughter

some cute badges thanks to etsy

Thanks to everyone who came on the night.  It was such a fantastic get together and turned out better than I had hoped it would.  If you came on the night, I'd love to hear from you - leave me a comment and let me know if you enjoyed it!

Secondly, I'd love to say that I'm 100% back on board with the blogging, however with limited access to the internet and with 2 markets coming up over the next 2 weekends, I've got plenty of sewing ahead of me.  I will post at least once a week, but won't be able to get to sharing the tutorial I was hoping to share for another couple of weeks.  So stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. It was such a nice night, Magdalena... good on you for organising it! Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...