Monday 27 June 2011

open your hearts (and your wallets)

click for full size
So you might have seen last week that I'm taking part in a group entry for the Hottie Cover Challenge, championed by Cam.


It's all in the name of raising funds and awareness for Heart and Lung Transplant Research supported by the Margaret Pratt Foundation. It's actually a cause which I'm very supportive of personally.  I'm signed up to be an organ donor (should anything happen to me) and I donate blood.  I figure that every little bit helps.  That's why when I heard about this awesome initiative, I knew I had to take part.  


Some people might not have the money, but have the skills to donate their work to this worthwhile cause.  Others might not be talented, or have the time, but these people have the opportunity to donate some money.  That's where you guys come in!


From 1 - 24 July, all the hottie covers which have been donated by many creative peeps will be on display.  Each hottie cover will be available for sale for a mere $50. Bargain! But it doesn't stop there.  You can vote for your favourite hottie by slipping some money into the box of your favourite hottie cover.  At the end of the exhibition all monies will be tallied and the hottie cover with the most money raised wins a trophy! And all the money raised during this time will be donated to the Margaret Pratt Foundation.  Win-win, I say.


The exhibition opens THIS Friday the 1st of July 6pm-8pm.  If you're a Melbourne local and can get along to Open Drawer in Camberwell, we'd love your support.


That's my rant and rave complete.  Thanks for your time (and money)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...