Friday 17 June 2011

it's been a while

My friend Katie during her Lindy Charm School transformation
I've deliberated over this post for a few weeks now.  And really, it's just plain silly. I don't want to make excuses for my lack of blog presence over the past few weeks.  I just needed a hiatus. So you know what?  I'm not going to give any excuses.  
Instead, I'm going to bring you up to speed with what I've been up to since April.

  • Celebrated Easter at my friend's place in St Kilda
  • Moved house
  • Got broken into while between houses
  • Ate and drank lots
  • Moved office at my day job
  • Got glammed-up and learnt how to rock it 50's-style at Lindy Charm School. The photos at the top are of my dear friend Katie on the day before, during and after her transformation. Doesn't she look awesome!
  • Made a fleecy turtle neck for my dog using a pattern from Spotty
  • Spent a weekend with some old friends who came down from Brisbane for the weekend. We ate, drank, laughed, reminisced and shopped
  • Made a bat-wing top from a vintage 70's pattern
  • Sydney business trip
  • Listened to the very inspiring Beci Orpin talk about her work at the Creative Women's Circle
  • Discovered The Vintage Shed in Tyabb, a lovely little town near Mornington
  • Finally found my ultimate red winter coat. And bought it from here
  • Met some lovely crafty ladies at the Southside Brown Owls whilst doing a spot of embroidery
  • Discovered Mollie Makes and subsequently fell in love with a new publication
  • Found many treasures while op shopping
  • Got rewarded at my day-job with a nice little performance bonus
  • Pinned many lovely things on Pinterest... you can follow me here
  • Starting planning the opening of my shop... eek! Surprise!
  • Made 57 trips to Bunnings for supplies for the shop renovations

So my lovelies, have you done anything fun, interesting or new lately?


P.S. despite my lack of face-time on my blog, you can always find me on Twitter. So pop on by and say hi.


P.P.S. more on my shop bombshell in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...