Thursday 19 August 2010

trash & treasure: vintage magazines


I’ve been meaning to share these amazing magazine covers for a few weeks now.  I picked these up on a recent trip to Daylesford, better known as spa country.  Although every time I go out there I don’t actually get around to indulging in day-spa activities.  Must look into that.

I couldn’t believe my eyes when we walked into a second hand furniture shop and I spotted a mountain of these babies sitting on an old lounge chair.  There would have been at least a hundred there.  And they were having a closing down sale so I got them for $1 each.  Now that I look back on it, I can’t believe that I only bought 5 of them.  But at the time I thought 5 was enough.

I haven’t figured out exactly what I’m going to do with them just yet, but I’m thinking about framing and hanging them up in a collection.  They are so freakin’ awesome and in my opinion displaying them in some plain black frames would be the best way to put them to good use.  What do you think?  Leave me a comment with suggestions if you have any.

I love the horror movie poster looking one with the bold title of "I SAW HER DIE".  But it’s so hard to pick a favourite.  They are all awesome in their own way.  With titles such as Oracle, Glamour and Miracle, how could you not adore them?

Which cover is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...