Thursday 10 February 2011

my creative space: what I've been up to

I realised the other day that I've taken an impromptu break from blogging and responding to my craft business emails.  I think my brain really needed a rest complete without deadlines, stress and juggling acts and I didn't realise I was even taking a break until I looked at the date of my last post.

I have been doing lots of stuff for myself and my loved ones this past month.  And being creative for ME again.  I got so engrossed with making stuff to sell that I was starting to not enjoy it anymore.

So, here's some of the things I've been up to this past month...

being a new year and a fresh start, I made myself a lunchbag for work to get
excited (or is that motivated) for the year ahead

a very dear friend of mine who lives in Nashville had her first baby...
a beautiful girl named Adelaide Rose.  So I had to make her a fitting softie

you might remember seeing this little op shop find on my blog a
few months back.  It was an embroidered panel which I made into
a cushion!

a childhood friend of mine gave birth to her second son, so I made
a cute bunny rattle for him to cherish

inspired by Pip and her awesome granny square tutorials, I sat down
and started to learn how to crochet something more than straight rows

the three of us went on a little holiday up to Brisbane to visit family, friends
and do the theme parks.
while in Brisbane I visited Voodoo Rabbit in Coorparoo and purchased
some fabric which I've had my eye on through their online shop
I also took a little trip to the Woollongabba Antique Centre with my
dear mum. I picked up this great tea towel which will be turned into a...
cushion.  You guessed it!
our son started school!
we finally bought a pantry... to store my little teapot collection on!
oh, and to keep our food organised inside too.
 For more creative spaces, visit Kootoyoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...