Saturday 1 January 2011

craft room makeover

Happy New Year my lovelies. 

Being the first day of the new decade, I plunged into cleaning up my craft room today.  I am happy that it only took me one day.  You almost wouldn't believe it once you see the before and after pics, just how much crap I had strewn about the place and that it only took me one day to clean and rearrange the room. 

Phew, now that it's done I really feel cleansed and refreshed.  Ready to take on the new crafting year.  And the best part, as I was cleaning I was finding things that were inspiring me to make stuff. I have a list of things I want to get started on now thanks to the clean up.  It's the best thing I could have done for my crafting mojo because I was starting to feel a little stagnant.

Warning... these "before" photos may slightly offend!  It's actually quite disgraceful.






Now, the "after" photos are much nicer to look at.  So is the room now in fact!  My husband commented that he was very impressed... then followed up with a comment about it being messy again in 2 days time.  No fair. I give it 2 weeks. At least.






Oh, by the way, the table which my sewing machine is sitting on and the green cupboard are both curbside trash and treasure finds. Yep.  Free.  The wardrobe got a lick of green paint and a light sanding to give it an aged look.  I love free furniture. It's unbelievable what some people no longer want.

Have I inspired you to give your craft/sewing room/space a makeover?  If so, leave a link to your blog post showing your makeover photos.  It can be a small makeover, a clean up, new storage solution or a complete transformation.  I'd love to see what you come up with and I know others would too.  And you will feel so much better with your new space after you're done giving it a makeover. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like reading your comments, so thanks for taking the time to write something. I try to respond to each and every comment, but please be patient as I'm not always online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...